IIP Platinum Status is renewed for Smithers Purslow Until 2022
After becoming the first business operating in the UK’s construction and insurance sectors and the 16th UK business to achieve Platinum ‘Investors in People’ status in 2016, Smithers Purslow is absolutely thrilled to have had its Platinum ‘Investors in People’ status renewed Until 2022.
Director, Steve Fraser, announced to SP staff: “I am absolutely delighted to let everyone know that I’ve just heard from Investors in People that our recent reassessment result is that our Platinum status has been renewed! To retain this level through a period of massive growth and expansion is amazing and a huge accolade to everyone across the business for the part you have played“.
Here is a brief summary of some of the 2019 conclusions:
- You’ve a clear plan for the future, which people have contributed towards and have buy-in to.
- Business results are good in all areas.
- There is a strong team ethos, with people working together to exceed expectations.
- People feel that they are listened to and given the opportunity to lead on improvements.
- Learning and development opportunities are diverse and available for all.
- Succession planning has been extended to support business growth.
In 2016 Smithers Purslow exceeded the industry average in all nine of Investors in People’s key performance indicators covering leadership, support and improvement, and was described by its assessor as ‘a forward-thinking organisation, an excellent place to work and extremely customer focused with great clarity for its purpose, vision and objectives’.
The business was applauded for its high staff retention, below average sickness and absenteeism, strong commitment to providing excellent customer service, effective and inspirational role model behaviour from leaders, strong embedded values and communication of business aims, atmosphere of inclusion and robust training and recruitment programmes.
Smithers Purslow has been involved with Investors in People since 2001 when it achieved their standard status. Since then additional tiers have been added to the accreditation framework culminating in the highest, Platinum, being achieved in 2016 and re-accredited this year (2019) Until 2022.