Senior Architectural Technologist – Manchester
Gateley Smithers Purslow, are looking to recruit a full time Senior Architectural Technologist to join our growing team.
This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Architecture & Planning team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- HND/HNC in Building Studies/Architectural Technology or BSc in Architectural Technology.
- ACIAT or MCIAT
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience of working as an Architectural Technologist.
- Experience and working knowledge of architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications, and guidelines to meet the technical demands of the Company’s existing and potential client base.
- A thorough understanding of building technology and how a building is constructed.
- Proficient in producing technical detail drawings to a high standard.
- Proficiency in using CAD software is essential. Experience in using BIM software is useful.
- Experience of heritage, residential and commercial projects.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
- Experience in delegating or managing tasks across a small group of people
- Ideally some experience of attracting new work and clients.
Qualities and Skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills, solid organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work on own initiative but understand the level of responsibility within the team
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack: