Nr Chartered Engineer – Chester
Smithers Purslow, is looking to recruit a full time Nr Chartered Engineer to join its growing team.
This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Head of Engineering on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
The position of Nr Chartered Engineer provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
The Nr Chartered Engineer is expected to support the Head of Engineering and is responsible for handling projects within own level of authority and providing training and guidance to supporting team members.
• Bachelor Degree and member of ICE, IStrcutE wanting to gain Chartership within 2 years
• 5 years experience and extensive working knowledge of consulting engineering, an appreciation for surveying, architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines
• Experience in forming own judgement of structural damage causation
• Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles
• Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
Qualities and Skills
• Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills and the ability to think methodically to problem solve
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible and Variable Attitude to work type
• Due to Travel of remote locations of some sites the Nr Chartered Engineer must have a full Driving license
The post of Nr Chartered Engineer is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack:
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge then please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your Curriculum Vitae.