Graduate Structural Engineer – Newcastle
Smithers Purslow is looking to recruit a full time Graduate Structural Engineer to join our growing team.
This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Engineering team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, defect diagnosis, and the design of residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
The Graduate Structural Engineer is expected to support the Engineering team and is responsible for handling projects within own level of authority.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
- Bachelor / Masters Degree and member of ICE, IStructE wanting to gain Chartership within the near future
- Experience and working knowledge of consulting engineering, an appreciation for surveying, architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines
- Experience and working knowledge of defects diagnosis preferred
- Experience of Auto CAD / Revit
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
Qualities and Skills
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think methodically to problem solve and manage projects
- Due to Travel of remote locations of some sites applicant must have a full Driving license
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
The post of Graduate Structural Engineer is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack:
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge then please email email@example.com attaching your Curriculum Vitae.