Expert Witness: Specialist in Accommodation for Disabled People
Gateley Smithers Purslow, are looking to recruit a full time Expert Witness Specialising in Accommodation for Disabled People to join our growing team. This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Engineering team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
ARB, RIBA / MRICS / CIAT Chartered
Externally verified Expert Witness Reporting training or willingness to undertake such training
- Experience in providing expert witness services in connection with accommodation; or be experienced in the implementation of adaption works to residential properties for disabled people
- Experience of assessing the suitability of homes for disabled people with varying needs
- Knowledge of the Law and Legal practice relevant to their area of expertise
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of construction practices and procedures
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of construction contract practices and procedures
- Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles
- Experience of working within deadline and budgets
Qualities and Skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage multiple concurrent instructions
- The ability to identify and analyse pertinent information from multiple sources
- Extensive specialist skills and knowledge relevant to their area of expertise
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack: