Chartered Structural Engineer – Reading
Smithers Purslow, Consulting Engineers & Surveyors, is looking to recruit a full time Chartered Structural Engineer to support the growth of its Engineering team.
This is a busy and varied role providing engineering design and consultancy services on a wide range of building structures’ projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Degree in Structural Engineering
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of consulting engineering, surveying, architectural & planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines
- Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
Qualities and Skills
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- The ability to think methodically and manage projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack:
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge then please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your Curriculum Vitae.