Chartered Quantity Surveyor – Midlands
Smithers Purslow, Consulting Engineers & Surveyors, is looking to recruit a full-time Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join its growing team in the Midlands, to provide national coverage. This is a long-term career move to join a successful company and to help grow this sector of the business.
We are offering a long-term career move to join a successful company and to help grow this sector of the business.
We are a company with an excellent reputation, holders of IIP Platinum and currently celebrating 40 years in business.
This varied role will involve consultancy services on a wide range of building structures’ projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification
- Approaching chartered status with the RICS
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor with a wide range of post qualification experience mainly on major & complex buildings insurance claims
- Experience in project management of building schemes from inception to completion, specification writing and contract administration
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Good working knowledge of current building standards and codes of practice
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent leadership skills; motivating colleagues and customers
- Strong communicator and ability to build good relationships
- Team player
- Positive outlook and engaging personality
- Drive and energy to achieve our vision
- Ability and commitment to go the extra mile
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Common sense thinker
- Self-motivated, with a sense of fun
- Constantly striving for excellence
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Professional appearance and ability to act as an ambassador for the organisation
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack: Candidate Pack Quantity Surveyor Midlands 030419
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.