Building Surveyor – South-East
Smithers Purslow is looking to recruit building surveyors to help build the business and support the growth of its team in the South East regional office in Reading. This role will suit an ambitious individual with drive, passion for customer service and who believes in our values. You could be based in Chelmsford, Redhill, Gatwick area or home-based in the region.
Smithers Purslow, Consulting Engineers & Surveyors, is looking to recruit building surveyors based in the South East of the UK
We are flexible on location. Our regional office is in Reading so you would need to be able to attend meetings regularly. You could be based in Chelmsford, Redhill, Gatwick area or home-based in the region. This is a busy and varied role providing surveying consultancy services on a wide range of building structures’ projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential. Ideally, you will be chartered or on the pathway or maybe you need support to help you achieve the status. You should have experience in residential building and preferably the insurance market.
The post is a full time, permanent position, with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
- To undertake project management on building projects allocated within area of specialism and responsibility in accordance with current standards and statutory requirements.
- Provide surveying consultancy services on wide range of building structures projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction
- Role involves providing complex survey, structural investigations, building adaptation, party wall, CDM, design & contract administration and expert witness services.
- Support the office development and other team members to achieve individual and team targets against clear objectives and through effective team meetings.
- Meet service standards and productivity levels in compliance with the quality management system.
- Ensure personal development in accordance with the latest technical publications and available statutory legislation, British Standards, codes of practice and best practice documents issued by clients.
- Provide a high degree of customer care to every project to ensure a satisfactory result.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues by providing informal/ formal training sessions to maximise individual and team achievement.
- You will comply with all the policies of the organisation and ensure that the staff within your areas of responsibility are aware of and comply with the policies, procedures and practices.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are liable to change to meet the needs of the business. The Directors will discuss and agree any significant changes that arise.
TYPICAL PROJECT WORK
To bring the job to life here are some examples of typical project work that you would be involved with:
- Specifying, tendering and contract administration for the repair of domestic residential properties following fire, flood, impact damage. This can often include works on Listed properties.
- Dealing with Party Wall services on a range of developments acting for both Building Owner and Adjoining Owner.• Preparation of Value at Risk calculations.
- Carrying out full Building Surveys on behalf of prospective purchasers.
- Specific defect reports for private and insurer clients.
- Completing feasibility studies for new development working in conjunction with our in-house Engineers and Architectural teams.
- Preparation of Schedules of Dilapidations and acting for both Landlord and Tenants.
- Preparation of planned and maintenance Surveys for both residential and commercial properties.
- Development monitoring for funding release.
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge then please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your Curriculum Vitae.
If you’d like to have a chat with us first, please email our HR consultant, Debbie Dear on email@example.com and we can answer your questions.